Yay!! It’s Rosé season! Rosé might be my favorite kind of wine. It is so versatile and can pair with almost any food. Rosé is the pretty one of the wine group, looking gorgeous with whatever she is paired with. She (because let’s face it…Rosé is clearly a female) is always fashionable, and people eagerly await her arrival at restaurants and vineyards. However, personality wise, you never know what you are going to get with her. Most of the time, I actually don’t like Rosé. Gasp…I know! They are often so light that I can’t taste much, or the flavor is so tart that my lips pucker like a fish. It is when you find a good one, that diamond in the rough, that it makes all the difference in the world. She can blow you away with her amazingness. So in honor of those one in a million, here are two, Top 5 Rosé Lists. The first list is of Rosés to seek out. Trust me. When you find them, you will be rewarded for your search. The second list is of Rosés that you should be able to find anywhere. You shall never have to have a bad Rosé again! Prepare for some Rosé goodness! These lists are in no particular order.
SEEK THESE OUT!!!
- Moët 2006 Vintage Brut Rosé Champagne ($100)-French Such a smoky, ashy nose! Yes, this girl is pricy, but so worth it! I bought it when I visited the Moët Champagne House back in 2015.
- Early Mountain Vineyard ($24)-Virginia Oodles of strawberry, peaches, honeysuckle, and some floral/ herb element that I can’t quite detect (Sage? Thyme?). Come visit me and we can go to the vineyard and get you some!
- Elouan Pinot Noir Rosé ($21)-Oregon I wrote a blog post here. To quote my original critique, “Wild strawberry, raspberry, and a little bit of clementine and lime acidity instantly hit the palate. It is so crisp and refreshing as it goes down. At the end of the taste is an apricot-tartness and some gravel-like minerality that adds huge depth to the taste.”
- Notorious Pink Grenache Rosé ($17)-France The bottle itself is extremely gorgeous, as it is a tinted white, emphasizing the pink color of the Rosé. Taste wise, it has lots of floral notes, which I very much enjoyed.
- Margerum Riviera Grenache Rosé Reserve ($21)-California Strawberry, banana, and lime. What more could you ask for? We had this wine with some of our Thanksgiving fare, and it went well with all kinds of foods. It can stand up to bigger flavors, or be enjoyed on its own.
FIND ME ANYWHERE!!!
- La Vieille Ferme ($8, Whole Foods, Total Wine, Harris Teeter, Giant, Safeway) This rosés bouquet is much more full than its taste. It has citrus, blossom, and red fruit notes, so a little bit of everything all in one! Plus, you can’t beat that price.
- Underwood Rosé ($5 for the can, which I love for the fact that it is in a can. It comes in a bottle, too, and the taste is basically the same for $14; Trader Joe’s, Total Wine) I prefer drinking this rosé from the can, in the sun, lying on the beach. I’ve also brought it to a game night or two when it was BYOB and I was the only wine drinker in a room full of beer drinkers. It’s also great for camping, poolside, on a boat, or any other place where cans are easier than bottles.
- Mi Mi en Provence Côtes de Provence Rosé ($15, Wegman’s). A pretty pale pink color with red berry and peach flavors. It has some spicy citrus, which makes it a great food pairing wine!
- Chateau d’Esclans Whispering Angel Rosé ($22, Harris Teeter, Total Wine) This wine is so popular that they have even made gummy bears out of it! It is a great mix of citrus and berry. I personally love it as a happy hour wine!
- Muga Rioja Rose ($12, Harris Teeter, Total Wine) This color is gorgeous! It is a salmon pink with an orange tint. There are delicious smells and tastes of green apple and citrus. At the end of the taste, apricot provides a nice, long finish, which makes for an excellent pairing wine. I like it with tuna. I paired it with lentils on an earlier blog post.
Questions for you! Answer in the comments:
- What are some of your favorite Rosés?
- Did you have to seek them out or can you find them anywhere?
- On a different note, how many posts would you like to see a week? One? Two? Comment below and let me know!